[crossfire] Spells & events with no sound?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Jan 29 02:00:30 CST 2005

Rick Tanner wrote:

      Is is possible that some spells (ex: fireball) and events (ex: player

      deaths) do not have any sounds associated with them?

      IIRC, these two examples did at one time.

      Perhaps the spell school split changed that? Same with any changes to the

      death code?

  The spell redo resulted in all the spell sounds basically getting lost.

  This is because the spell sounds before were hard coded by on spell number.
Those spell numbers went away, thus, no way to map spells to sounds on a 1:1 basis.

  My thought at the time was to wait for the sound redo, which sould 'fix' this
problem.

  The death sound should still be there - it shouldn't have been effected.  I do
remember that the new player sound, while it exists, wouldn't be played because
it was larger than the max sound size allowed.  Same might have been true with
the death sound.