[crossfire] Random ideas.

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Mon Jul 4 16:54:16 CDT 2005

      1) As a dragon player, I find that at some point I just have stat

      potions piling up since I have no real use for them (can't make weapons

      that are usable).  One thought I have would be to allow players to

      effectively go beyond max stats, but  only rarely (say 1% chance of each

      potion you drink going up a stat?)  That'd give a little value to those

      potions.

Or we could use'em in some alchemy/smithery/... recipes. Or enchant
ring/whatever to increase stats?

      2) Does anyone right now really use the magic map command?  One thought

      I've had would be to change it - instead of just sending the colors, it

      instead sends the faces of everything (or maybe limit it to just the

      floor/wall/other non living stuff?)  this would probably make it useful.

Yes, I use it often, to spot monsters on maps, and such.
Sending faces could make more detailed maps.
Also, maybe we could implement automapping? So player knows some maps
already visited, and keep that knowledge between sessions. Maybe with
a 'forget' factor, losing some details :)

Ryo