[crossfire] RFC: Wild idea to make experience more interesting

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Thu Jul 7 08:42:30 CDT 2005

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Mark Wedel wrote:

       OTOH, there isn't really any fix for that problem - it isn't fair after all

      for a burned up chest traps to seek out a player 20 spaces away.  That said,

      the code could certainly be changed that if a chest is destroyed, any traps do

      activate - in the case of most rune traps, not a big deal.  But if the chest

      has something like a fireball or burning hands, one could see how that could

      burn up other traps, set off more traps, and cascade into something pretty

      nasty.

Ooh Mark - Naaaasty ... Let's do it for the fireworks display alone ;)

       All that said, in my play, I search and disarm the traps, and since pretty

As do I regardless of level.  I play a varity of characters at a variety
of levels at any given time. Some of them are not very tough so they need
to be careful.  Remember my server has permadeath on :)

      low levels, I can't remember ever remember getting hurt to any extent from

      traps - some prove annoying, like poison or disease, but certainly not fatal.

A trap + something else can be fatal though.  A bit of damage or poison to
soften you up then blam! :)

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.		Phone:	+1-416-669-3073
Senior Technical Consultant	Email:

     support at opentrend.net

OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.	Web:	www.opentrend.net
We are open 24x7x365 for technical support.  Call us in a crisis.