[crossfire] treasure chests & wealth

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 02:21:36 CDT 2005

Is difficulty calculated by the server or must it be
set in the headers btw?

--- Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

      Vernon T Rhyne wrote:

      > This changes (for the negative in my opinion) the

      other dynamic at work, the

      > acquisition of truly rare items.  Since this is

      basically a lottery at really

      > really long odds, these random levels are a

      significant potential source of

      > rare items.  If you kill the volume, you

      dramatically lower the chance at a

      > rare item.

      > If we're reducing clutter, I'd argue we should

      increase the value of

      > individual-item yield for super-high level

      treasures.

        but by that arguement, we should then increase the

      number of treasures, so it

      is more likely items show up.  But I doubt many

      people would think that is a

      really good idea.

        Now what could perhaps be done is increase the

      likelihood of artifact items

      show up slightly based on difficulty of the dungeon.

       Right now, I recall the

      likelihood of artifacts (ring of miracles type of

      thing) is somewhat constant

      based on difficulty - or at least, the chance of a

      ring becoming a 'special'

      ring is constant - some items do require minimum map

      difficulty levels.

      crossfire at metalforge.org