[crossfire] Re: treasure chests & wealth

Alex Schultz AlDragon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 12:39:10 CDT 2005

Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at ...

     > writes:

        Now what could perhaps be done is increase the likelihood of artifact items

      show up slightly based on difficulty of the dungeon.  Right now, I recall the

      likelihood of artifacts (ring of miracles type of thing) is somewhat constant

      based on difficulty - or at least, the chance of a ring becoming a 'special'

      ring is constant - some items do require minimum map difficulty levels.

     Yes, I recall from what I've read that you are correct that the likelyhood is
completely constant based on difficulty, with the fact that many items requite a
minimum map difficulty levels. I agree with that both reducing the number of
items at high levels, but also increasing the chance of more valuble appearing
to a point that getting a ring of ruling or something like that at the *highest*
floor of a TC is equal to of better than currently despite the reduced number of
items.

Alex Schultz