[crossfire] Python guild & mlab maps status.

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 01:50:20 CDT 2005

Making a script to chunkify the bigger maps might be a
good idea.

The mlab world maps are only 140^2 though (I'm
assuming load times is the issue? Bigger maps tend to
take a 1/2 sec to load on older computers).

I don't think the apartments have any issues, I tested
them when I made them, and when I motified them after
that... but who knows, mistakes happen.

--- Todd Mitchell <

     temitchell at sympatico.ca

      <

      nicolas.weeger at laposte.net

      > wrote:

      >>Hello.

      >>Is someone actively working on the new

      Python-based guilds? The base

      >>in CVS seems ok, but missing parts obviously

      (unlinked buildable maps).

      >No clue.

      Yes, however a bug in the python plugin with the

      trigger hook (crashes

      the server) is holding things up.  Work on the

      python guilds is awaiting

      a fix for this.  The trigger was to be used for

      enabling special guild

      features (like the pet kennels) as guild points

      reached certain levels

      as well as granting access to the different Rank

      Halls (the unlinked

      maps you mentioned are 'lounges' for guildmembers of

      each ranking) and

      as another way to assign guild 'quest' points via a

      trigger on a map

      (the other way to give guiild quest points is to use

      the 'say' hook).

      However, in the meantime there is no reason that

      more maps cannot be

      developed which contain more special items which

      give access to guild

      features (I believe that the prices for things like

      the cauldrons are

      not all set yet) as well as any quests that give out

      guild points.

      >>IIRC someone voluntereed to integrate mlab maps

      into CVS, but no more

      >>info. What's about it?

      >The tavern moved to navar, with updates, was

      commited; along with some

      >of the new citydeclouds. (by temitchell, at Sat May

      >UTC).  No idea beyond that.

      The citydeclouds was committed and some work has

      been done on the other

      maps as well.  I am/was working on the outlaying

      lands (valleyofrock

      etc...) and trying to decide how best to split the

      maps into smaller

      chunks.  Anyone is welcome to help so long as they

      try to follow the

      basic map making guidelines.  It's better to do

      small pieces which can

      be easily tested and committed.  Special attention

      should be given to

      the shops and very large maps with lots of items on

      them.  The

      apartments are something that I would like to look

      over more closely

      however.

      Also I'm out of town for a few weeks so things are

      even slower than

      usual for me...

      crossfire at metalforge.org