[crossfire] Python guild & mlab maps status.

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 19 22:46:45 CDT 2005

Andrew Fuchs wrote:

     On 7/18/05, Nicolas Weeger <

      nicolas.weeger at laposte.net

      > wrote:

     Hello.

     Is someone actively working on the new Python-based guilds? The base

     in CVS seems ok, but missing parts obviously (unlinked buildable maps).

     No clue.

     Yes, however a bug in the python plugin with the trigger hook (crashes
the server) is holding things up.  Work on the python guilds is awaiting
a fix for this.  The trigger was to be used for enabling special guild
features (like the pet kennels) as guild points reached certain levels
as well as granting access to the different Rank Halls (the unlinked
maps you mentioned are 'lounges' for guildmembers of each ranking) and
as another way to assign guild 'quest' points via a trigger on a map
(the other way to give guiild quest points is to use the 'say' hook).

However, in the meantime there is no reason that more maps cannot be
developed which contain more special items which give access to guild
features (I believe that the prices for things like the cauldrons are
not all set yet) as well as any quests that give out guild points.

     IIRC someone voluntereed to integrate mlab maps into CVS, but no more

     info. What's about it?

     The tavern moved to navar, with updates, was commited; along with some

     of the new citydeclouds. (by temitchell, at Sat May 28 20:11:15 2005

     UTC).  No idea beyond that.

     The citydeclouds was committed and some work has been done on the other
maps as well.  I am/was working on the outlaying lands (valleyofrock
etc...) and trying to decide how best to split the maps into smaller
chunks.  Anyone is welcome to help so long as they try to follow the
basic map making guidelines.  It's better to do small pieces which can
be easily tested and committed.  Special attention should be given to
the shops and very large maps with lots of items on them.  The
apartments are something that I would like to look over more closely
however.

Also I'm out of town for a few weeks so things are even slower than
usual for me...