[crossfire] Client display bug, continued

Andreas Kirschbaum kirschbaum at myrealbox.com
Mon Jul 25 19:57:45 CDT 2005

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      There's a nasty display bug with GTK client.

      Big images (trolls & such) will sometimes partially stay displayed.

      Funnier, you see items above them!

      I tried to see what causes this, but i simply don't understand enough

      the client logic for that...

      It doesn't happen all the time, the ghost image will simply not

      disappear whatever you do, spells & such (short of dimension door).

I often was successful by just dropping some items on that ghost image.
IIRC the bottom right tile did work.

      Test map to see easily: TitanQuest, with trolls & such.

      Any clue?

I'm fairly sure it is the same bug as in

     https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=113833&aid=1102991&group_id=13833

Therefore I think it is not a problem of the client itself but a
combined effect from fog of war mode and big images at the edge of the
viewable area.