[crossfire] MF Crash/Arena petmode

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Fri Jul 29 11:52:42 CDT 2005

Mark Wedel wrote:

      I've just updated metalforge.  Given the timeframe, I probably want to

      let it run through the entire weekend to make sure it gets enough

      testing on it before making a release.

Very sorry, but there was a bug occurring where the should_arena_attack
was getting called with null pointers for targets for the pet to attack.
I've made a safeguard that should prevent this problem exit first thing
upon the pet, it's owner, or it's target being null values. I haven't
been able to recreate the crash conditions that happened on metalforge
with this bug on my local server, but I'm pretty sure this should fix
it. I've committed this fix to CVS and I think it would be good if
metalforge was updated again. Sorry for giving you this much work
updating metalforge.

    Thanks,
          Alex Schultz