[crossfire] ingame music

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Jun 2 02:03:56 CDT 2005

tchize wrote:

      Hello, buzzsaw just provided a first midi sample

      to use as HallOfSelection background music.

      Comments welcomed (though it's only a few seconds in length)

      http://users.skynet.be/tchize/hall.mp3

  The obvious question for this is how to handle it.

  Would it be sufficient to have map wide values of 'music' to play, such that
we just need to add a value to the map header?  Or do people see the need/desire
that they may want different music depending where on the map they are?

  I'd separate this discussion from that of background or other noises, of which
those should be tied to objects.  But something like this music wouldn't seem to
be tied to any specific object.