[crossfire] Spellcasting Swords progress

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sun Jun 5 16:43:14 CDT 2005

Alex Schultz wrote:

      I'm trying to make it show up randomly. Since the e-mail you're replying

      to, I've found a nice solution: create another python script that runs

      when it's applied which generates a rod if it doesn't already have one,

      and it is generated based upon parameters given the event options of the

      script. This seems to work quite nicely, and and still allows map makers

      to just put the rod in via the map if they want (which I see as easier

      for map makers).

      The only issue I'm running into now, is where the best place to insert

      such items into the treasurelists to make them randomly appear. I do

      know of several places that would work technically, but I'm not sure

      which is the most proper and from what I see chance values add up to 100

      so I would have to change existing ones so I'm not sure of the best way

      to do that.

  Probably best to find existing weapons in the treasurelist and reduce the
chance of those.

  Note that the total value of the chance fields in a treasurelist does not need
to be 100%.  Look at the doc/Developers/objects for more about treasures.  Briefly:

If if it is a 'treasureone' type list, one item is generated.  At load time, the
server sums out the chance fields - they don't have to sum to 100, probably just
habit that they do.

  If it is a 'treasure' list, then the chance field is the percentage chance of
each object showing up.  In a normal treasure list, you can get 20 items from
one list showing up.