[crossfire] A Bigworld map needs to be altered (quest area unreachable otherwise)

ERACC eracclists at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 1 02:51:59 CST 2005

On Monday 28 February 2005 07:54 pm
Mitch Obrian wrote:

      --- ERACC <

      eracclists at bellsouth.net

      > wrote:

      > On Sunday 27 February 2005 11:51 pm

      > Mitch Obrian wrote:

      > > The titan stronghold stronghold at world_125_124 is unreachable

      > > because the area it is on is a big island. That area needs to

      > > be attached to the main land. There are some places where it

      > > almost makes it but not quite.

      > [...]

      > That is intentional because it is not a newbie quest. It requires

      > a certain higher level spell to be used to get  there. Figure it

      > out.

      Dimention door, I know I use the same trick in some of my maps.

      Unfortunatly it failed. That is a problem.

      It did not work over the water.

Works fine here and on crossfire.metalforge.net to go over that tiny
gap of water. No one else (I know about) has ever complained of the
spell failing to get to that quest. Perhaps your maps are hosed or
your version of the server is dinked up.

Gene
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.6.8.1-12mdk i686
 02:47:05 up 47 days,  9:54,  7 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.07, 0.08

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers