[crossfire] Information about crossfire

Brendan Lally b.t.lally at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 14:42:57 CST 2005

I was going to post this to the CFMB, but on reflection here it seems more
likely to meet the attention of those who can act on this.

Following the release of the 1.7.1 client last weekend, I had a look at some
information about cf in various places and a lot of it is now out of date.

     http://directory.fsf.org/games/Role-playing_and_adventure/CFClient.html

points at version 1.7 as the most recent

the server entry

     http://directory.fsf.org/games/rpg/crossfire.html

is also out of date pointing at 1.6

     http://freshmeat.net/projects/crossfire/

is out of date too, having the client version as 1.7 and the server version as
1.3 !

happy penguin:

     http://www.happypenguin.org/show?CrossFire

has the latest version as 1.6.1

Can these be updated to the latest versions, pointing people at old versions
is probably not a very good thing to be doing.

Also AFAICT all of these sites have the newly updated entries posted to the
front page. (meaning there might be a couple of new players as a result).