[crossfire] compilation of server broken on certain systems

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 11:35:54 CST 2005

Maby newer cvs works, not sure :P... haven't tried
today.

If anyone would like to have a shell on a debian
stable system to test make scripts (or whatever) I can
supply such a shell.

--- Mitch Obrian <

     mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com

     > wrote:

      It was done from a new clean tree. (It failed)

      --- Mark Wedel <

      mwedel at sonic.net

      > wrote:

      >   The general problem is that the checkout/update

      of

      > files does not always match

      > dependency order.

      >   This, the makefiles think they need to re-run

      some

      > commands, but it doesn't

      > work, because you don't have the right versions.

      >   So try this:

      > % rm configure.in configure

      > % cvs update configure.in

      > Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding.

      > cvs update: warning: configure.in was lost

      > U configure.in

      > % cvs update configure

      > Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding.

      > cvs update: warning: configure was lost

      > U configure

      >   It is a requirement that the update commands be

      > run seperately, otherwise,

      > you're just going to screw up the dependency

      order.

      crossfire at metalforge.org

      Make Yahoo! your home page

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs