[crossfire] client not compiling without gtk2 libraries??

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Fri Mar 25 01:59:30 CST 2005

tchize wrote:

      Hello,

      There has been some works currently by mwedel on making a gtk2 version of

      client. Is it normal configure stops if it doesn't find libgtk2? I thought

      this was supposed to be optional.

      I get this when running configure without libgtk2.0-dev package installed:

      checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 2.0.0... Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the

      pkg-config search path.

      Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'

      No package 'gtk+-2.0' found

      configure: error: Library requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.0.0) not met; consider

      adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a

      nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

  I'll fix this up - need to find a convenient system that doesn't have gtkv2
installed to make sure my change works.