[crossfire] Building materials

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Fri Mar 25 02:21:37 CST 2005

        I tend to agree with just doing it as archetypes.  Then these could just go in

      treasure lists - thus, what shows up in the building store would be random, but

      maybe that adds some more interest (cool, the fountain finally showed up!).

Guess I'll do it that way, then :)

        the other question which you don't address is that if players can 'request'

      items, how do you price them?  It would seem that marble floors, for example,

      should be more expensive than wood, and so on.

Would need to define a price in the item's archetype itself, maybe? I doubt the floor or wall archetypes define a value, so we could use it :)

        Arguably, the only thing that should be allowed as buildable objects would

      largely be floors and walls.  There is no reason to allow chairs, swords, food,

      etc, because those are things that can be physically carried by the character -

      that can't happen with the wall (there may be a limited extension to what I say,

      but basically it should be limited).

Hum. I was thinking that we could let players build rivers, and such - wouldn't it be fun to create a garden? :)
Or to plant tree we could add a new skill :p

Ryo