[crossfire] Circular lighting & negetive glow_radiuses

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 10:19:17 CST 2005

// == C99 right?
(C99 is not supported by debian stable etc... please
don't use C99 :) )

--- Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

     > wrote:

        Some notes about the patch:

      General: Never use // comment style.

      common/living.c: Making the glow radius additive is

      probably a bad thing.  A

      player shouldn't be able to light a few torches and

      get an effect to see

      everything about them (plus in real life, given the

      (pi)r³ of real lighting,

      doesn't much up very well.).  Same note applies for

      map.c and server/spell_attack.c

      common/object.c: op->glow_radius !=0 would be

      clearer checks that >0 and <0

      server/monster.c: while seeing how well lighted the

      creatuer is may make sense,

      until we do something with that, I'd much rather

      just return once we know if the

      creatuer is illuminated or not for performance

      reason - checking for all the

      spaces for all the monsters could prove to be a

      pretty big cpu hog.

      crossfire at metalforge.org