[crossfire] Buildable savebeds

lalo at laranja.org lalo at laranja.org
Tue May 10 17:48:49 CDT 2005

ERACC wrote:

     On Monday 09 May 2005 08:08 pm Rick Tanner wrote:

     On Mon, 9 May 2005, Andrew Fuchs wrote:

     I would like to discuss the addition of buildable savebeds.  Mainly If

     they should exist and what their price should be.

IMHO they should; on the other hand they should be *really* expensive.

(re "portable" savebeds)

     There could (and IMO should) be a "tent of reality" that can be

     purchased and used in maps with regions marked "wilderness". If it is

     not marked wilderness then one cannot use the tent. Since it is a

     tent it wears out over time (based on in-game time) and either has to

     be repaired by some method or another has to be purchased. If one is

     not used for a long time in-game then it is "eaten by moths" or some

     such and becomes a useless tatter of rags.

+1... I think there has been discussion of this for ages, but now with
regions it's actually feasible :-)  which also opens the ground for a
completely new type of character, the traveler who doesn't have an
apartment anywhere.  (I suppose bank accounts are also necessary for that
to work.)

     Am I confusing "buildable" save bed, as in an add-on for a personal

     apartment or guild hall, with a "portable" save bed in this case?

Yes.  "Buildable" things can only be placed in "buildable" tiles, and once
placed, they become normal, permanent (but "unique") objects.

--
best,
Lalo