[crossfire] Buildable savebeds

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Wed May 25 04:27:22 CDT 2005

On 5/10/05,

     lalo at laranja.org

      <

     lalo at laranja.org

      ERACC wrote:

      >On Monday 09 May 2005 08:08 pm Rick Tanner wrote:

      >>On Mon, 9 May 2005, Andrew Fuchs wrote:

      >>>I would like to discuss the addition of buildable savebeds.  Mainly If

      >>>they should exist and what their price should be.

A good idea. Then the pre-built BOR (Beds Of Reality) can be removed
from the apartments, and they will be an optional extra.

      >There could (and IMO should) be a "tent of reality" that can be

      >purchased and used in maps with regions marked "wilderness".

Since there are wild animals in the wilderness sleeping out in the
open poses aditional dangers. There could be a random probability of
you getting attacked by wild animals (expressed in-game by sumoning
hostile monsters to the player when he/she log in).

      +1... I think there has been discussion of this for ages, but now with

      regions it's actually feasible :-)  which also opens the ground for a

      completely new type of character, the traveler who doesn't have an

      apartment anywhere.

Would they then have a pocket dimension? (in CF if a pocket dimension
did exist, it would allow permanent storage of infinite items, as
there is no limit to how high stacks can go. Perhaps a way of limiting
that would be to make high stacks fall over and scatter. On open areas
this would work quite well, but in a closed area, where it is
impossible to spill any higher, and therefore the items will stack
regardless, there could be a hard limit, after which "the stack is up
to the cieling", and no more can be placed on it. Therefore the drop
code could go like [check stack size < 100], and spill code could go
like
[for (every tile i && heightof i > spill_limit)
  for (tile in every direction j)
    if (height of i > (height of j)+1)
      spill top item from i to top of j;])