[crossfire] new metaserver

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 11:43:27 CDT 2005

Cave's meta server system is very good.
You cannot defeat a DDoS, but this gives us abit
better chance.

I do not agree at all with admining the metametaserver
as some suggested. That way unpopular people's (like
me) servers would not make the list unless they kissed
the asses of the admins. IE: "We shouldn't include
him, he's and anti-women's-rights terrorist" etc.

Just let everything be automatic. Also I sugest not
nitpicking the thing, we should use what we have...
and with this thing we can put it on almost _ANY_
webserver. That means we can host some metaservers on
the biggest pipes available (webhosting sites). If
they want to DDoS CF then... well they'll have to take
out 1/2 the internet.