[crossfire] new metaserver

tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Sun May 29 08:24:58 CDT 2005

Le Vendredi 27 Mai 2005 18:43, Mitch Obrian a écrit :

     Cave's meta server system is very good.

     You cannot defeat a DDoS, but this gives us abit

     better chance.

Any url?

     I do not agree at all with admining the metametaserver

     as some suggested. That way unpopular people's (like

     me) servers would not make the list unless they kissed

     the asses of the admins. IE: "We shouldn't include

     him, he's and anti-women's-rights terrorist" etc.

What does your opinions on women have to do with the discusisons on
metaserver? The idea to have admin on metaserver is to avoid attempts to
corrupt the server list with fake servers.

     Just let everything be automatic. Also I sugest not

     nitpicking the thing, we should use what we have...

     and with this thing we can put it on almost _ANY_

     webserver. That means we can host some metaservers on

     the biggest pipes available (webhosting sites). If

     they want to DDoS CF then... well they'll have to take

     out 1/2 the internet.

      crossfire at metalforge.org