[crossfire] Proposal to fix experience inflation due to random maps

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Sat May 28 12:52:36 CDT 2005

Andrew Fuchs wrote:

     I think a better solution would be making the non random maps give

     more experience.  Thus they become a better option than to use the

     training centers.

     I agree; that sort of thing is one type of thing I've been thinking of
when making this one map that I started working on recently. For high
leveled people, large numbers of random levels are the only ways to get
half decent experience currently, as in, many non-random maps should
give more experience than they do. One of the problems is that for the
very high level people, no monster gives enough experience, so killing
monsters en mass in random maps is the only option if they want to gain
any real levels, this is also true a medium levels to a lesser degree,
though the current situation is well balanced for lower leveled people.

       Alex Schultz