[crossfire] Create food / alchemy abuse?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon May 30 14:48:12 CDT 2005

Andrew Fuchs wrote:

      On 5/29/05, Mark Wedel <

      mwedel at sonic.net

      > wrote:

       I'm unsure how that really fixes the problem.

       If I remember quickly, the formula in question uses booze and mandrake root.

     If the requirement is that one of the items can't one via create food, it is

     obvious - you go to the store to buy all the boozes (which are pretty common),

     and then use create food for the mandrake root.  It doesn't really fix the

     problem (except the stores won't have booze anymore because it will be sold out).

      You will have 20 or so booze, instead of hundreds.

      I think simply modifying the name of the created items would be the

      best solution for now.  It would solve the problem, and make quests

      where one has to find items that can be created with spells, harder.

  I'm not sure if there are any money->booze converters out there.  But either
way, it helps the problem somewhat.

  Changing name of created items then require addition of new formulae if you
want the players to be able to create it via god given items.