[crossfire] Changing Python scripts for global events

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Nov 5 03:01:39 CST 2005

Mitch Obrian a écrit :

      I don't like this idea at all.

      "Let's add layers of complexity for no reason!!1111"

      Time would better be spent creating usefull things

      like new maps and scripts rather then pissing off

      people trying to install things IMHO.

Hum actually I see my proposal as a way to simplify distribution &
maintenance of map & Python stuff.

Right now, to add a script for a new player event, you have to modify
the python_born.py script, and insert correct lines. Thus if a server
maintainer wants to disable a function, need to comment out lines,
figure out which and such. Also, if someone makes some scripts, to add
them, need again to patch the script.
If & when we have many scripts, in a modular way, it'll be a real pain
to manage the global event files.

But well, YMMV, of course :)

Ryo