[crossfire] Changing Python scripts for global events

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 08:38:52 CST 2005

Eh, guess it won't affect me anyhow since I use CVS
and install everything aswell.

--- Nicolas Weeger <
     nicolas.weeger at laposte.net

      Mitch Obrian a écrit :

      > I don't like this idea at all.
     >
      > "Let's add layers of complexity for no

      reason!!1111"

      > Time would better be spent creating usefull things
     >
      > like new maps and scripts rather then pissing off
     >
      > people trying to install things IMHO.

      Hum actually I see my proposal as a way to simplify

      distribution &

      maintenance of map & Python stuff.

      Right now, to add a script for a new player event,

      you have to modify

      the python_born.py script, and insert correct lines.

      Thus if a server

      maintainer wants to disable a function, need to

      comment out lines,

      figure out which and such. Also, if someone makes

      some scripts, to add

      them, need again to patch the script.

      If & when we have many scripts, in a modular way,

      it'll be a real pain

      to manage the global event files.

      But well, YMMV, of course :)

      Ryo