[crossfire] Re: gcfclient cfsndserv_alsa9 with alsa 1.0.6 / 1.0.8

Kevin Bulgrien kbulgrien at att.net
Sun Nov 6 22:15:33 CST 2005

Kevin Bulgrien <
     kbulgrien at ...
     > writes:

      Does anyone actually have recent gcfclient sound that works?

Updated info.  On one machine at least, I found a module loading
problem and since I fixed that, the sound server does not appear
to crash any more.

Also tried with Alsa 1.0.9.

/dev/dsp works if I cat a sound file into it manually.  Neither
the OSS nor the alsa version of cfsndserv works.  The server is
no longer dying, but no sound comes out.  The alsa oss compatibility
module is loaded, so you would think things should work with at
least on or the other of the drivers.

I compiled with SOUND_DEBUG on and no error messages are generated.

sound is turned on.

Sometimes sound apps fail if artsd is running.  It is not running
during these tests.

While the client is running /dev/dsp is busy.

I wonder if the client is even sending sound requests at all.