[crossfire] alchemy/alchemy

Michael elshar at cheekan.org
Tue Nov 15 16:15:48 CST 2005

Sorry I'm so late on this. I agree completely, and I also agree that the
spell should change. I don't think 'Aura of Midas' is a good name, it
seems to imply that the user will have an Aura that imbues them with
Midas-like properties.. Maybe "Midas' Touch", or "Transmutation" or
"Transmute to Gold" or something? :)

Oh, and I too have been bitten by the fact that both the spell and the
skill are named the same. I remember casting alchemy on my cauldron
once.. grrr... :P

Elshar

Brendan Lally wrote:

      Currently there are two concepts within the game world called

      'alchemy', the first is a skill for the transformation of items, the

      second (which I was just reminded of today, having forgotten of it due

      to its general uselessness) is the spell alchemy which transforms

      items into gold.

      These two things having the same name is confusing, so I propose that

      one of them change their name.

      since alchemy.c is a file that deals with the skill alchemy, it would

      be more consistent to rename the spell. I propose the name 'aura of

      midas' although if someone else has another idea then that would be

      fine too.

      If it were the case that it were decided to keep the name alchemy for

      the spell, then notwithstanding the comment about source file names,

      it would be equally straightforward to rename the alchemy skill. In

      this case I would suggest something like apothecary as a suitable

      replacement name.

      crossfire at metalforge.org