[crossfire] Selling price variance and buying price variance

Kevin Bulgrien kbulgrien at att.net
Sun Nov 6 23:12:11 CST 2005

I do not get the purpose behind the fact that selling price of look is wildly
different from store to store.

At first I thought it might have something to do with the store having more
of an interest in certain items, but now I am not so sure.

It seems that the lighting emporium pays almost 4x for many items compared to
some other stores.  This was true of body parts, flint/steel, and weapons.

This sort of defeats the purpose of the store that seems to be preferred for
the selling of loot so that the nice store inventories do not get cluttered
with sold loot since it pays less to sell it there than at the lighting
emporium or the potion shop or whatever.

I see this playing on metalforge.  Have not been on-list for a while, so maybe
this is old news, but it really seems not very desirable.

It is also pretty weird to see flint and steel sold for well over 1000 plat in
say the weapon store when you can walk over to the lighting emporium and get
one for 260-ish.  And, I say -ish, because in the store, each one has a
different price... for my character, 239-265 or so.  That seems bizarre.  Why
would the price not be the same for the same item in the same store?

Kevin R. Bulgrien