[crossfire] Python does not work one iota

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at myrealbox.com
Tue Nov 8 03:12:17 CST 2005

Le Lundi 7 Novembre 2005 14:13, Mitch Obrian a écrit :

      I just updated cat2 and python doesn't work.

      Metalforge apparently has this problem as well.

      What's going on?

     Recent massive changes in the plugin architecture. Changes committed to the
CVS on October, 18th[1]. The final patch was announced on October, 15th[2].

I am not aware of a CFPython-related bug on mf, as I have seen no such message
on the mailing list or on the Bug-tracker. If you were speaking about the
"unresolved symbol" problem when loading plugin_python.so, it has already
been "solved": plugin_python.so is the 1.x plugin that needs to be removed
from lib/crossfire when upgrading. It has been replaced by cfpython.so.

You'll have to provide more details about what doesn't work (error messages,
steps to reproduce the problem, logs, etc) if you want me/us to work on a
bugfix.

As far as I can tell, Python does work (at least it seems to on my system).
Note that if you have custom-made maps that are not part of CVS and used the
1.x plugin interface, you'll have to convert the event hooks. See
doc/Developers/python for more details.

[1]:
     http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=8657598&forum_id=33257

and friends.