[crossfire] Python does not work one iota

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 07:14:01 CST 2005

Cyling the server again fixed the problem.

--- Yann Chachkoff <
     yann.chachkoff at myrealbox.com

wrote:

      Le Lundi 7 Novembre 2005 14:13, Mitch Obrian a écrit

      :

      > I just updated cat2 and python doesn't work.
     >
      > Metalforge apparently has this problem as well.
     >
      > What's going on?

      Recent massive changes in the plugin architecture.

      Changes committed to the

      CVS on October, 18th[1]. The final patch was

      announced on October, 15th[2].

      I am not aware of a CFPython-related bug on mf, as I

      have seen no such message

      on the mailing list or on the Bug-tracker. If you

      were speaking about the

      "unresolved symbol" problem when loading

      plugin_python.so, it has already

      been "solved": plugin_python.so is the 1.x plugin

      that needs to be removed

      from lib/crossfire when upgrading. It has been

      replaced by cfpython.so.

      You'll have to provide more details about what

      doesn't work (error messages,

      steps to reproduce the problem, logs, etc) if you

      want me/us to work on a

      bugfix.

      As far as I can tell, Python does work (at least it

      seems to on my system).

      Note that if you have custom-made maps that are not

      part of CVS and used the

      1.x plugin interface, you'll have to convert the

      event hooks. See

      doc/Developers/python for more details.

      [1]:

     http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=8657598&forum_id=33257

      and friends.

      [2]:

     http://shadowknight.real-time.com/pipermail/crossfire/2005-October/009445.html

      > __________________________________
     >
      > Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in

      one click.

      http://farechase.yahoo.com

      crossfire at metalforge.org

      Yann Chachkoff

      Garden Dwarf's Best Friend

      GPG Key    :

     http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/export?id=9080288987474372064

      Fingerprint: 6616 2E02 BAD2 4AEF C90A  F1EB 7E03

      AAB9 844D 25E0

      crossfire at metalforge.org