[crossfire] Re: weather, lattitude, town location, and the world

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Fri Nov 11 13:31:39 CST 2005

Mitch Obrian wrote:

     It's not really broken at all... it works fine on my

     server and that's on level 5 :).

     It's not broken in the sense that it runs. However it's scale is way
off, if the scale was right, scorn would instead of being patchy rain,
have larger areas of rain, and the chance of there being a sunny day in
scorn is much greater. At the current scale, the weather has too much
granularity, wet areas are wet, dry are dry, etc. however the chance of
there being no rain or snow anywhere in scorn at a given time is too
low, because though small patches may be without rain/snow, patches of
random sunniness should cover larger areas, at least as big as all of
scorn usually. (and my sunniness, I don't mean map brightness, I mean
lack of rain/snow at a time)

Alex Schultz