[crossfire] weather, lattitude, town location, and the world

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Nov 15 01:45:35 CST 2005

Brendan Lally wrote:

      On 11/12/05, Mark Wedel <
      mwedel at sonic.net
      > wrote:

        I believe there are other projects out there (not related to crossfire) about

      mimicing a planet creation process.  If we were really serious, we should look

      at those.

      I just noticed this

       on kde-apps,

      which may well be suitable.

      If only it didn't have such strange and bizzare dependancies....

  Well, realistically, this isn't much an issue - I'm not seeing any immediate
need for a new continent, and thus not any immediate need to look at this that hard.

  That said, the existing perlin function generator is probably one of those
algorithyms it actually uses.  If/when that times come, then we can perhaps
start looking more seriously at what solution to use.