[crossfire] Idea for skills

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 07:07:25 CST 2005

Why do we want to force players to travel everywhere?
People in the middle ages didn't  travel much, and
those that did didn't travel to every nook. A player
shouldn't have to travel to every nook in the world if
he doesn't want to, currently player's do now travel
because equal ammenities are in other cities now, Cat2
has a great distribution of players (some in scorn, a
bunch in brest, a few in navar, some in nurenburg, and
one in azamuindo (the japanese are). Also as one has
no "right" to complain who gained office in their
country if they didn't bother to vote, in my opinion,
people who don't make quests shouldn't be asking for
the redistribution of present quests. Quests are made
for the area they are made for in mind, also this
isn't zelda... we aren't looking for "the player
should have to go through all theses levels in
sequence and should beable to complete it in X hours".

What we need is more quests, more maps. Please make
some, we need more more more /me froths. (We really do
need more, there are many many empty buildings also,
esp Darcap, there are also tons of empty log houses in
brest).

--- Yann Chachkoff <
     yann.chachkoff at myrealbox.com

wrote:

      >There should be NO redistribution of the quests

      IMHO.

      >If you want more quests in an area do what I'm

      doing

      >and make more (I'm working on a navar quest). If

      you

      >don't make more quests you don't have a right to
     >
      >complain about a lack of quests in an area IMHO.

      First, I have the right to complain to whatever

      pleases me - who are you to dictate what I should

      think ?

      Second, notice that I was actually not speaking

      about a lack in *quantity*, but about a lack of

      proper *geographical distribution*. My idea was

      simply that each area would only contain quests of a

      given difficulty range (for example, Scorn would

      have level 1-15 ones, Brest level 15-30, Navar

      30-45, etc), so that the player would be practically

      forced to travel at some point.

      Note that I am not considering this as a rigid

      system - Scorn could contain high-level quests for

      example, but access to them should then be dependent

      on the previous completion of a quest located in

      another area.

      crossfire at metalforge.org