[crossfire] Summon pet monster

Benjamin Lerman Benjamin.Lerman at ambre.net
Tue Oct 4 02:19:08 CDT 2005

       I think you really need to set up 2 slots for a proper solution

      (body_item_skill and body_natural_skill or the like) and not make

      body_skill be two slots.

       Doing the later is completely the wrong approach, and was one of the

       things that the body_... stuff was meant to prevent.

 Sorry to have been misunderstood, but yes, that was exactly what I was
suggesting...

       But there are also some other possible considerations - I think you'd want

       to make sure that a character doesn't have the same skill equipped through

      both methods (holy symbol and actual praying skill) - I think that may

      cause some issues - probably more see with the arcane skills.

 Do you have more idea on what problem that may cause ? It is not very
useful to have the same skill equipped twice, but I don't see how it
could cause problems.

       Also, every place that checks to see if the skill is already ready would

       need to be updated, but that would have to be done regardless (I'm pretty

      sure that that code checkes the pl->ranges[range_skill] - so you'd probably

      need to add a new range slot (just like the body stuff above) and update

      all the code to look for it.

 Ok.

       All this said, one could make the case that having only 1 skill equipped

       at a time, regardless of natural or item, is a play balance limitation.

 Well, it does not really change the balance of play having 1 or 10
skill items equipped because the change of skill item is automatic, but
when some items give bonuses and you cannot use natural skill without
unequipping it, it made those items nearly useless...

 I'll modify the code to gace x_item_skill and x_natural_skill and put
the patch to sourceforge...

--
	Benjamin