[crossfire] Unban me

Vernon T Rhyne trhyne at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 10 15:23:18 CDT 2005

Quoting Joshua Wilson <
     josh at woosworld.net
     >:

      And that is your way of asking to be unbanned?

      Placing blame on someone else?

      How about looking at it as:

      Everyone has to follow certain rules be they developer or not, DM or

      not, irc op or not.

<laughs>  That hasn't, and will never be the case.  Rule enforcement at all
levels is by whim and mood, as with most clique-managed open-source
communities.  It's undoubtedly a major reason that the wordlwide crossfire
player count is in the hundreds (or less), rather than thousands or more.

I grant that I'm a largely outside observer, but the general politics of
crossfire ensured I'd never step inside.

      Mitch Obrian wrote:

      Ryo banned me and tor from #crossfire because no

      matter how much one contributes to CF one has to fit

      in with the clique, be "nice" and "sociable" and

      accept constant art-by-committeism + the trollage by

      Leaf that follows when you don't (naturally, this

      seems to happen often enough).

      __________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - Make

      it your home page!
      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs