[crossfire] Unban me

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 10:24:34 CDT 2005

On 10/11/05, Mitch Obrian <
     mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
     > wrote:

      I was banned from the debain lists because the debian

      people are pro-women's rights for the most part. The

      ban had no effect, I post to those lists at will

      (check out debian women's list for confirmation).

I'm sorry, I seem to be a bit confused here, weren't you supposed to
be supplying reasons why you /shouldn't/ be banned?

      Crossfire is a clique based project, it does not

      matter how much one contributes, if you don't obey the

      clique then it's felt that it's better that you leave.

I rather think that the set of people who do /not/ :
 1) repeatedly and incessently, troll about women's rights and
development methodology,
 2) 'quit' whenever they felt they aren't getting their own way
 3) immediatly rejoin after being kicked, then kickbanned, using
various proxies before considering there might be a reason for being
kicked in the first place.

form a fairly large clique.

Please consider joining this 'clique' of ours, there are another 6.4
billion (cia estimate) members waiting for you to do so.

      We wonder why there are few CF developers... well men

      usually don't take kindly to "do as I say because you

      have to obey!" mentality, which is the current CF

      mentality.

If anything there is a /lack/ of this at the moment. If you think
otherwise, then answer this question:

What will be in the next stable release?
Which features, which bug fixes, which changes will be in crossfire
between now and when 1.9 is out? What has to be finished? Who is
currently blocking the release of the next version and therefore needs
to be 'ordered' to complete something?

      Death To women's Rights.

I don't think this point needs further comment.