[crossfire] Unban me

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at myrealbox.com
Tue Oct 11 10:21:23 CDT 2005

Le Mardi 11 Octobre 2005 17:00, Mitch Obrian a écrit :

      I was banned from the debain lists because the debian

      people are pro-women's rights for the most part. The

      ban had no effect, I post to those lists at will

      (check out debian women's list for confirmation).

     Point is that if you follow the proper "netiquette" of good behavior, you'd
never get banned from anywhere.

      Crossfire is a clique based project, it does not

      matter how much one contributes, if you don't obey the

      clique then it's felt that it's better that you leave.

     Keeping anarchy from crippling a project that exists for so many years,
involving people with so many different habits is a difficult task. That's
why there are some basical rules to follow - and it is already hard enough
sometimes to coordinate everything.

Being part of a community and participating to a project starts by accepting
its rules. If you don't want to comply, provide good reasons to show in which
way those rules are harmful for your work and should be changed.

Apart from that, I agree with the "clique": if you don't obey the rules, it is
indeed better to leave.

      We wonder why there are few CF developers...

     There are more than enough developers for a project of that scale.

      well men

      usually don't take kindly to "do as I say because you

      have to obey!" mentality, which is the current CF

      mentality.

     Again, if you have good reasons not to comply to rules that were edicted for
the goodness of everybody contributing, then expose them. Else, either comply
or leave. Simple as that.

      Death To women's Rights.

     Keep your political rants outside of this list, which is devoted to Crossfire,
not to your personal opinion about topics that aren't related to it. That's
*also* part of common courtesy.

Have a nice day.
--
Yann Chachkoff

Fingerprint: 6616 2E02 BAD2 4AEF C90A  F1EB 7E03 AAB9 844D 25E0