[crossfire] New movement code.

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 16 16:45:47 CDT 2005

Mark Wedel wrote:

       So I finished up the new movement code and did some basic testing,

      and it

      seems to work.

      [...]

       Any other thoughts?  Notes?  Questions?

       Also, feel free to try this out on my server:

      tavern.santa-clara.ca.us

       Do note this server is really only up for this testing.  I put a

      building next to the inn in scorn that has some test cases.

     I just tried it out, fantastic! - just having the ability to block
walking but allow missiles will add greatly to the game.  There is now
quite a bit of map work ahead to take advantage of this.   Whole groups
of monsters just got a new lease on life.  I am drooling over the walls
lined with archers, the moats with catapults on the other side, those
nasty skeletal mages on the far platforms between you and the exit!

We will need some new wall arches also to indicate overhanging walls
which block missiles and magic.

Also looking at that how do spell movement types play in this? Some
spells should walk(wave) and some should fly (fireball), and some do
both (poison clouds)? - I haven't checked how this can work but it would
increase the usefullness of differnet spells in different situations.
If you cast a barrier against missiles (a wall spell that blocks flying)
it would be effective against arrows and stuff, but maybe it shouldn't
block a ground based cone spell...

Anyway - it's coolio.