[crossfire] Re: Quest to aquire swimming skill (should be lvl 80+)

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 20:49:38 CDT 2005

On 10/17/05,
     temitchell at sympatico.ca
      <
     temitchell at sympatico.ca
     > wrote:

      I would think that serpentmen would be able to swim by default.  Perhaps some classes as well like the swashbuckler?

If Mark's point about weight is included, then what you would say
instead is that serpentmen and swashbucklers would be able to carry
heavier weights, with less chance of sinking, maybe even wear (light)
armour. - that would increase their range, but maybe only by 50-100%

I'm curious as to why you think serpentmen should be able to swim
though. Most ground based snakes do not (AFAIK) swim particularly
well. To my mind serpentmen bear more similarity to these than they do
to crocodiles or alligators.

Also, being cold blooded, swimming in cold water would make their
muscles seize up, and they would drown.

Likewise, quetzalcoatl should have a penalty to swimming (all those
feathers getting waterlogged) and I don't think fireborn not swimming
would be contentious from a consistancy point of view.....

wrt classes, I'm not quite convinced of the swashbuckler being able to
swim. A swashbuckler is merely a swordsman who acts with great flair,
they never neccessarily go near water (zorro, the three musketers).
Arguably the swashbuckler in crossfire is actually more of a
privateer, in which case such a thing would make more sense.