[crossfire] Love and marriage, love and marriage...

Tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Tue Oct 18 08:51:30 CDT 2005

Brendan Lally a écrit :

     On 10/18/05, Anton Oussik <
      antonoussik at gmail.com
      > wrote:

     I persume you would get married in a church, which means you would

     need to worship a god of some sort.

     Wouldn't it be a high level thing anyway? Marriage typically something

     that was engaged in later in life than soldiering.

     Depends on culture, in some countries, girls were married at age of 13
not so long ago.

       - Should the couple worship the same god for marriage to work? Maybe

     allow marriages between worshipers of different gods as long as they

     are not enemies and there is no conflict with any of the gods?

     or allow each god to define it. I'm inclined to say no though, the

     gods in crossfire are not merely different denominations, but

     different religions, there is no real-world norm to parallel to what

     you describe.

     I'll say forbid cross-god mariage, it hads soem much fun when one of the
to be married
must change god :)

       - Do we allow same sex marriges (I can see valriel rejecting them)?

     Crossfire still have no gender. More serious question, do we allow
cross-races
mariage?

     I can only assume this is an attempt to provoke an off-topic flamewar.

     Why? The question is legitime. But i'll say no. Or player would just get
married to
be able to use the additionnal spells, no matter their respective sex,
and divorce
just after.

     I shall simply state that it is ahistorical, without precedent in any

     society that approximates the technological state where crossfire is

     set (medieval europe/renaissence - with the odd 17th century-ism)

     Should it be god dependant? Should some gods not allow marriage

     alltogether (like devourers, since the primary goal of getting married

     is having children, and this seems to go against the principles of

     devourers)

     probably, or else they would have polygamy/polyandry

       - Divorces. Let's face it, relationships do not last for ever, and

     you may decide to go your own ways. Should there be a mechanism for

     terminating a marriage?

     Kill your husband/wife?

     not a standard one. The way that divorces can occur varies between

     different faiths. I see no compelling reason why crossfire should be

     different.

     Agree

     There are major issues though, if marriage would allow a shared bank

     account, then splitting it afterwards would be interesting. This would

     become more acute if polygamy existed

      crossfire at metalforge.org