[crossfire] burned or charred objects (was: More server speed reducing the objects number)

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:45:36 CDT 2005

On 10/18/05, Alberto Sáez Lodeiros <
     cerzeo at gmail.com
     > wrote:

      2005/10/18, Brendan Lally <
      brenlally at gmail.com

      mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
      > wrote:
     >
      > > We don't have the artists to create corpses for the
     >
      > > diffrent monsters.
     >

      > Could the existing monster graphics be (ab)used to appear corpse like?
     >
      > I am thinking of something like rendering the image to a plane,
     >
      > rotating backwards 45 degrees, then colourshifting towards grey. If
     >
      > that produced usable results it may be possible to autogenerate all of
     >
      > the corpse graphics.

      I can help to do this in a test crossfire graphics. I know The Gimp

      very well, so i can do this easily for some graphics, then, i can send

      to the mailing list some of then so you can see them.

      So, it those looks good, i can "transform" all graphics.

      The problem is where can I retireve the CF graphics?

They are all in the arch/ repository in CVS. This repository contains
all of the images, and the object definitions for the objects that use
it.

in order to download all of them, run the command
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:
     anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net
     :/cvsroot/crossfire co -P arch
(this assumes you have cvs installed)

in order to view individual graphics, use the web based CVS viewer:
     http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/crossfire/arch/

You could also get the latest release of the arch's but that is
slightly out of date now.
     https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=13833&package_id=15916