[crossfire] [IDEA] Reagents for cast magic

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 12:05:12 CDT 2005

On 19/10/05, Brendan Lally <
     brenlally at gmail.com
     > wrote:

      On 10/19/05, Anton Oussik <
      antonoussik at gmail.com
      > wrote:
     >
      > Another issue I'd like to bring up is grace. getting rid of
     >
      > spellpoints will make grace stand out. If you ask me the model works,
     >
      > but it will stand out now that spellpoints are going away.

      Would spell points go away?

      To my mind they do different things, reagents limit the total number

      of spells cast, spellpoints limit the rate they can be cast at.

That is how I thought it would work. Otherwise it gets too
complicated. In effect this is like having several large mana pools, I
see no need to complicate it further by still having spellpoints. Also
this will be a very significant change to the game magic works and I
imagine a while before things will be worked out (like improvement
potions, npc magic, and so on).