[crossfire] Re: New movement code. (Wraith stuff) (Please don't implement)

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 15:43:48 CDT 2005

All of them.

No player should ever beable to move through walls
(unless specified by the map perhapse).

Walls should remain no_pass. Now if you wanted walls
that things could pass through... up to the map maker,
but don't change the default behavior.

Don't f**k up the existing maps or my maps please.
This idea is horrible IMHO. Why not just have blank
maps then if you're going to screw up walls.

How bout a fork of crossfire "wallsmeannothing-fire".
It wouldn't even need any maps.

I can't believe this is even being seriously
discussed. Someone come's in and says "hey let's make
walls passable!!111" and here we are "oh yea...
they're like not walls!"

If you can't get around that fact wraith-players can't
go through walls... then take wraits out (not
recommended).

This is stupidity.

Why should anyone even BOTHER to make maps if a player
can just phase through the whole thing?

If you want a space sim... fork the project.

--- Brendan Lally <
     brenlally at gmail.com

      On 10/19/05, Mitch Obrian <
      mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com

      wrote:

      > Please do not implement this passing through walls
     >
      > stuff.
     >
      > I /strongly/ oppose passing through walls. I do

      not

      > want my maps to become worthless because someone
     >
      > decided we need to make the game worthlessly easy.

      If it were a new movement type, then it would be

      possible to block it

      explicitly.

      How many maps would need modified to block that

      movement type for one

      reason or another?

      crossfire at metalforge.org