[crossfire] Re: New movement code. (Wraith stuff) (Please don't implement)

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 19 17:52:30 CDT 2005

If there were an etheral movement type added it would not be implemented
in existing maps by default (they still have "block all") just like the
other movement changes.  In archived movement related threads this
'ghostwalk' type movement was proposed.  I would also put forth an
addition to the suggestions, the idea that etheral travelers would not
be able to pass 'iron' either so it would only work against wood walls
and stone and the like.  This gives us an out as well to explain why
some walls aren't passable - they have iron in them (like in the nails
of a door or in the ore of the stone/dirt).

     On 10/19/05, Mitch Obrian <
      mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
      > wrote:

     Please do not implement this passing through walls

     stuff.

     I /strongly/ oppose passing through walls. I do not

     want my maps to become worthless because someone

     decided we need to make the game worthlessly easy.

     If it were a new movement type, then it would be possible to block it

     explicitly.

     How many maps would need modified to block that movement type for one

     reason or another?