[crossfire] Re: New movement code.

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 02:09:30 CDT 2005

On 20/10/05, Mark Wedel <
     mwedel at sonic.net
     > wrote:

        But I do think giving someone permanent or at will ethereal travel will be

      very powerful, even with some of the limitations.  The fact is that lots of maps

      have enough wall space where an ethereal creature could effectively hide out

      away from any attackers.   I'd certainly much rather temporary items (potions)

      be added first and see what that breaks.

There is already a map which does that. You can find it in Lake
Country , in the training tower, if you go up 3-4 floors. You can then
apply a dust and gain ability to walk through walls on that map for a
while. I imagine it does it with a force and checkinv in every space
that looks like a wall.