[crossfire] Re: New movement code.

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 10:47:06 CDT 2005

Yes, and that's fine for that map. I don't want my
prisondemadness suddenly becoming worthless, or my
maps suddenly becoming easily traverable because OMG
WE SHOULD WALK THROUGH WALLS WITH WRAITHS!!!! (else
brain esplode!).

Why should anyone make maps if you're going to
implement this. I'm not going to constantaly go
through all my maps to "fix" them because dev people
keep making things worthless.

--- Anton Oussik <
     antonoussik at gmail.com

      On 20/10/05, Mark Wedel <
      mwedel at sonic.net
      > wrote:
     >
      >   But I do think giving someone permanent or at

      will ethereal travel will be

      > very powerful, even with some of the limitations.

      The fact is that lots of maps

      > have enough wall space where an ethereal creature

      could effectively hide out

      > away from any attackers.   I'd certainly much

      rather temporary items (potions)

      > be added first and see what that breaks.

      There is already a map which does that. You can find

      it in Lake

      Country , in the training tower, if you go up 3-4

      floors. You can then

      apply a dust and gain ability to walk through walls

      on that map for a

      while. I imagine it does it with a force and

      checkinv in every space

      that looks like a wall.

      crossfire at metalforge.org