[crossfire] Re: fatigue

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 12:46:33 CDT 2005

This should be plain text. Sorry, gmail decided it wanted to send html
emails for some strange reason and did not tell me.

On 9/2/05, Robert Brockway <

     rbrockway at opentrend.net

      On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Lalo Martins wrote:

      > (My wife made a character who, by choice, lived off only alcoholic

      > drinks.  Yeah, a swashbuckler.  I used to pile cups of coffee in front

      > of her bed in the guild.)

      That's cool :)  While we are on the subject of drinkings having effects

      (such as coffee reducing fatigure) I've always thought that anyone who

      over-indulges in booze should realy suffer a loss of Dex.  Yes there is a

      bit of coding in there.

Drinking booze should cast confusion on the drinker. I have been
unable to make a booze like that though despite trying, as confusion
always seems to get cast in some direction from or around the player.

      On the topic of armour types, rather than having Halfling armour, Human

      armour, etc, we could assign a size attributed to all races and have the

      character required to use armour of the right size.  So halflings and

      gnome would require small armor, trolls large armour and most other races

      medium armour.  This would reduce the complexity and would mean less work

      when we add new races in the future.

That is true. Maybe make weapons have race bonuses then? If an armour
is specifically made to fit around a halfling, a gnome would not find
it as comfortable despite being able to wear it. This would make
adding races more difficult though. Also when (if?) sexes are added,
male/female armour are different, although wearable by the opposite
sex. Perhaps add a penalty for wearing armour of the wrong sex (as it
is not suited well for your build)?