[crossfire] Re: Server map redo: movement types

Lalo Martins lalo at exoweb.net
Tue Sep 6 02:08:36 CDT 2005

And so says Mark Wedel on 06/09/05 12:27...

       In cases of impassable terrain (high mountains or something?), perhaps

      take damage on landing, but once you have landed, should be OK.

If you're flying over impassable high mountains, and run out of juice,
you crash-land (taking damage).  Then, if you survive AND the eight
squares around you are all impassable, sorry, you're stuck.  Get some
rest till you can fly again, or cast town portal, or word of recall, or
dimension door.

That sounds very reasonable to me, it's what I would expect; it's what
happens on reality, except for the spell stuff, of course.  (What
happens to flying creatures.  Duh.)

On the other hand, it would probably be cool if one player was able to
carry another.  Then you could do a "rescue".  (Not to mention quite a
bit of other uses.)

best,
                                               Lalo Martins

     http://www.exoweb.net/