[crossfire] map redo: more layers.

tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Wed Sep 7 05:24:07 CDT 2005

Le Mercredi 7 Septembre 2005 07:49, Mark Wedel a écrit :

      David Delbecq wrote:

      > Le Mardi 6 Septembre 2005 09:38, Mark Wedel a écrit :

      > You don't get it, i meant, use the old code for that :) It's working so why change it.

      > Your problem is to get old client to receive old style message. Aswar is easy, call

      > old functions :)

        Yes, but right now if you look at MapSpace function, it has definitions for

      what is on the different layers, and is coded for those 3 layers.

        If we go to 10 layers, I don't want to have to have something like:

      struct MapSpace {

           object	*old_faces[OLD_MAP_LAYERS]

           object	*faces[MAP_LAYERS]

      }

Yes, you are right, i forgot layers were stored in maps and not in player socket (is
it really efficient to store it in map btw?)

        As that is just begging to get cleaned up at a later point.  I'd much rather

      just have the new data, and have the send code pull out the appropriate

      information instead of having those double arrays (the new code also in a sense

      simplifies the update_position() function).

        So what probably really happens is that to some degree, the logic in

      update_position that determines the faces gets moved to the client logic.

        At some point in the future, support for this old protocl method goes away.

      crossfire at metalforge.org