[crossfire] Crossfire site suggestions and request.

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 07:58:56 CDT 2005

There are some phpirc scripts here and there like this
one:

     https://cat2.dynu.ca/ircphp/index.php

      . I don't
think the overhead for those are much.

Also could there perhapse be a link to the devel
tarball of mlab on the downloads page of
crossfire.real-time.com (perhapse below the cvs stuff
as that's devel too)

     https://cat2.dynu.ca/cat2/mlab-devel.tar.gz

      ?

--- Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

      Mitch Obrian wrote:

      > I was also thinking maybe we should have a /backup

      > branch of cvs where we can upload tarballs of

      > in-progress projects we are working on?

        CVS isn't designed, nor a good place, to use as an

      upload/storage site.  And

      ftp server for that matter would be better.  I'd

      have to look, but using CVS for

      that purpose may also be a violation of the

      sourceforge usage policy (I vaguely

      recall guidelines for what CVS can and can not be

      used for).

        Sourceforge does have a mechanism to attach files

      to patch and change requests

      - might be a maximum size.  but if there is a max

      size there, must likely they'd

      be unhappy if people put very large files files into

      the CVS repository.

        I personally want hte patch/RFE to be used for

      this - I don't want yet another

      place patches or files may be located.

      crossfire at metalforge.org